Recently, our CEO JinJa Birkenbeuel sat down with Keisha Howard, Founder of Sugar Gamer Company to discuss strategies on how to navigate the gamer market as a Black woman.
During the moderated discussion, we also demo’d the new Google Pixel 3XL and set up a custom portrait station to teach entrepreneurs how simple, fast, cheap and easy it is to create a professional brand image for any business owner to use as an “avatar” online.
Keisha shared with us the basic instructions needed to get started today. The only thing that trips up entrepreneurs and start ups are costs and the time to execute.
So, here’s what you will need to get started:
- A smartphone: Preferably the Google Pixel 3 which takes amazing photos
- Lighting: Regardless of your camera, good lighting always improves photos and videos. A ring light is the most awesome and inexpensive way to make your face pop!
- A background: Without a plan, a lack of a background can easily be the downfall of an otherwise great visual.
Three options for backgrounds
– Keep the background simple and clean
– Get creative by adding visually interesting items for a curated atmosphere
– Purchase photography backdrops on sites like amazon or at local party stores
Steps to make awesome videos with Google Photos:
It’s a simple as capturing photos and videos using your own camera.
- Open Google Photos
- Create a new album and name it
- Select the photos and videos you want to include in the album
- Click Assistant in the bottom menu bar
- Select Movie
- Click new movie
- Select the photos and videos you added to Google Photos
- Select the music note icon to choose royalty soundtrack
- Use sliders to change the length and order of the photos and videos in your movie
- Click save
- Share on social !
If you want to go a little bit further with your creation, here are simple added steps to create videos using Magisto: (Magisto is an online video editor with a web application as well as a mobile app for automated video editing and production aimed at consumers and businesses.)
- Capture photos and videos using your camera
- Open Magisto (free version works but paid premium and business accounts have more customization options)
- Click the plus sign in the bottom menu bar
- Select make a new video
- Choose an editing style
- Add photos and videos from your library
- Choose your music from the royalty free library or upload your own
- Set movie length
- Add title
- Click Make My Movie
- Share on social!